This project just requires some basic building skills, but you might need some help getting the keezer onto the Bierwagen.
Posts for this Project:
Affiliate LinksAny links in this post or on this website may link to affiliates, which compensate this website for purchases. All links are provided to help the reader locate items mentioned or used in the post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
At first I was thinking I would completely disassemble the Bierwagen into it’s independent pieces, but then I’d have to reassemble it again next year. The thing is huge, so I’ve got to put it somewhere and I am not parking outside and scraping ice this winter. I thought about a few different options, but settled on storing under my deck. All I would have to do is remove the panels and then I’d have a nice little nook to slide it into.
What to do:
First you need to get your keezer off of the Bierwagen of course. Then you’ll need to remove the wheels and get them back on your bikes.
Remove the legs (of course they are already off, since you unloaded the keezer).
Then here is the next trick. So that it takes up the least amount of space possible, I then re-attached the legs to the central section of the Bierwagen as shown in the pictures.
Nice and flat and ready to go under my deck.
The first year for the Bierwagen, it was not painted. I just covered it with some tarps underneath the deck and when I pulled it out, it did have some mold and mildew on it. I just wiped the easy stuff off, then sprayed a water/bleach solution on it and left it out in the sun to dry and kill off the buggers. For 2012, I decided to stain and seal it before the party. When I pulled it out the next year, all it required was a little rinse with the hose and a dry in the sun again. Good to go!
I know some of you will want to rub the thing down with some PBW followed with a soak in some Starsan!
The following pictures are actually from me pulling it out from underneath my deck this year. The lower part of my deck is enclosed by more planks of decking. I simply removed a section of them to slide the cart underneath.
It did ok this year, but the last minute rigging of strings did not hold the tarp in place. I think this year, I’ll double it up and run some screws through it to keep it in place.
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading about this project. Please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions if you get stuck on your build.
Posts for this Project: